A Family of Agglomeration Solutions
Feeco can provide a family of solutions to meet your agglomeration needs. Whether you are looking to eliminate dust, convert a waste to a marketable product, or improve product characteristics, we can design, manufacture, and install agglomeration equipment and systems to create a highly efficient process that produces the product you’re looking for.
Agglomeration is a technique that binds together material fines or particles to create a larger product. Utilizing agglomeration for your process by-product, raw material, or waste material can offer many benefits, including:
- Waste Reduction
- Improved Product Performance
- Improved Product Handling
- Enhanced Environmental Protection
Types of Agglomeration
We offer a variety of equipment for both Non-Pressure (tumble growth) and Pressure agglomeration:
- Non-Pressure (Tumble Growth) Agglomeration Technologies Tumble growth agglomeration is the agglomeration of fines without pressure, and typically in the presence of a binder. Since moisture has to be present in the feed material and/or added during the agglomeration process, the resulting agglomerate is relatively soft (green, uncured) and usually requires a secondary process step to dry, cure, or fire the agglomerate and provide finished product strength. The product of non-pressure agglomeration is spherical or spheroidal pellets, or “jagged” pellets, depending upon the equipment used.
For tumble growth agglomeration equipment, we offer:
- Pressure Particle size enlargement using a dry process in which dusts, powders or crystals are formed into shapes. The densification of the product is obtained by mechanical compression through a Sahut-Conreur double roll press. No moisture, or very little moisture, is required in a pressure agglomeration process.
For pressure agglomeration equipment, we offer:
We also offer a line of size reduction equipment for breaking up oversize pellets, including:
- Hammer Mills (chain mills)
- Cage Mills
- Clod Breakers