CONTINUOUS PUGMILL MIXERS
When it comes to industrial mixing applications, FEECO’s continuous pugmill mixers, also referred to as paddle mixers, are ideal for tackling tough jobs. Their heavy-duty construction, along with their U-type trough design, makes them an excellent choice for agglomerating, mixing, or conditioning in demanding settings. Pugmill mixers can be used as stand-alone agglomeration equipment, or as a mixing step in a larger agglomeration process utilizing a disc pelletizer or agglomeration drum.
Pugmills utilize dual rotating shafts with pitched paddles to create a kneading and folding over motion inside the trough. Material and binder (when applicable) are continuously fed into the mixer. The action of the pitched paddles moves material from the bottom of the trough, up the middle, and back down the sides to create an intimate mixture of materials.
- Size: 14″ – 78″ (356 – 1,981mm)
- Capacity: 500 lb/hr – 250 TPH
- Double shaft design for thorough mixing of materials
- Heavy-duty construction for years of reliable operation
- Binder spray system to accommodate a liquid feed
- Options in paddle facings to help prevent wear
- Bottom doors open for cleanout
- Reversible paddles for modifying mixing pattern
- Zero Speed Switches
- Mid-Height Cover w/ Spray Assembly
- High Cover w/ Spray Assembly
- Electronic Shock Relay
- Stainless Steel Wetted Parts
- Heat Transfer Jacket
FEECO is capable of meeting the requirements necessary for CE marking equipment.
All FEECO equipment and process systems can be outfitted with the latest in automation controls from Rockwell Automation. The unique combination of proprietary Rockwell Automation controls and software, combined with our extensive experience in process design and enhancements with hundreds of materials provides an unparalleled experience for customers seeking innovative process solutions and equipment. Learn more >>
PUGMILL MIXER COMPONENTS AND PARTS
The image below shows the standard components of a pugmill/paddle mixer. Click image to view larger.
Mechanical Construction of a Pugmill (3D Pugmill Mixer by FEECO International)
A – Exhaust Port
B – Spray System
C – Drive Shaft Assembly
D – Heavy-Duty Roller Bearings
E – Pinion Gear Assembly
F – Chain Drive Assembly
G – Gear Reducer
H – Drive Motor
I – Drive Shaft Assembly
J – High-Grade Fasteners
K – Paddle Assembly
L – Hard Facing
APPLICATIONS & MATERIALS
- Mixing and Blending: FGD scrubber sludge, fly ash, and lime for SO2 neutralization, municipal sludge for composting facilities, pigments and dyes, and other processes combining moist and dry feed materials
- Agglomeration and Dedusting: Granulation of agricultural chemicals, fertilizers, chemical consumer products, carbon powders, flue dust from dust collectors, animal feed
- Material Conditioning: Fly ash, cement or lime kiln dust, foundry dust, iron-oxide, friction material waste, lead fume, zinc oxide, copper reverts and concentrates
WHAT CAN AGGLOMERATION DO FOR YOUR MATERIAL?
Agglomeration offers a variety of benefits. Among them, agglomeration allows you to:
- Reduce Volume
- Stabilize Mixtures During Handling
- Eliminate/Reduce Dust Problems
- Control Hardness
- Reduce Packing, Storage and Transport Costs
- Improve Product Performance
- Improve Handling
To learn more about how agglomeration can benefit your material, see Why Agglomerate Your Material.