FEECO Rotary Drum Agglomerators
Rotary Drum Agglomerators
Rotary Drum Agglomerator / Granulator (also known as balling drums or rotary granulators) are very versatile pieces of equipment that can process a wide array of materials. The equipment is typically used for high capacity applications and usually requires some type of recycle depending on the product specifications. Drum Granulators are used when an Agglomeration – Chemical Reaction Process is required.
Typical applications of a Rotary Drum include, but are not limited to the following:
- Agglomeration involving Chemical Reactions where the feed component(s) consist of reactive liquids or gases. The liquid and/or gas can be added into the bed of material to get a complete reaction and contain or reduce any emissions that may be generated. Many inorganic fertilizers are produced in this manner.
- Conversion of fine Mineral Ores into easy to handle agglomerates or balls for further processing. Iron ore, copper ore, and gold ore are a few examples.
- Granulation where the only feed or the majority of the feed is a Liquid or Melt such as urea granulation.
- Coating of finished products by spraying a liquid onto the bed of material.
- Mixing drums that can mix multiple solids and/or liquids.
- Specialty Applications like a combination Granulation-Cooling Drum.
FEECO’s custom designs can accommodate the addition of other equipment and accessories such as pipe reactors, discharge trommel screens, liners (rubber or metal), spray bars, and spargers. If you need to control emissions or dusting, FEECO’s discharge breeching design makes capturing these materials easy so you don’t have to worry about contamination of the surrounding area.
|FEECO Brochure:||FEECO Handbook: Section 02- Rotary Drum Agglomerators (pdf)|
|Rotary Drum Agglomerator Posts:||Briquettes, Granules, and Pellets – What’s the difference?|
Rotary Drum Agglomerator (Rotary Granulator) Photos