FEECO Pipe Reactors
A pipe reactor is an acid-base reaction vessel used in the production of inorganic fertilizers. It is easily retro-fitted into existing granulation operations.
Phosphoric or sulfuric acid is fed into one side of the pipe, while gaseous or liquid ammonia is sparged into the reaction chamber, resulting in either ammoniated phosphate or sulfate hot melt material. The hot melt is discharged into the rotary granulator onto a bed of recycle material.
Though not applicable in all operations, the pipe reactor can offer significant savings in energy costs when employed, by capturing the heat released from the acid-base reaction to flash off moisture in the granulator.
All FEECO equipment and process systems can be outfitted with the latest in automation controls from Rockwell Automation. The unique combination of proprietary Rockwell Automation controls and software, combined with our extensive experience in process design and enhancements with hundreds of materials provides an unparalleled experience for customers seeking innovative process solutions and equipment.
Pipe Reactor Features
- A complete reaction between ammonia and sulfuric and/or phosphoric acid
- Effective use of water and steam for reaction and agglomeration
- Effective use of the heat of reaction to evaporate water
- Utilization of the reaction temperature and pressure to create a semi-molten product for controllable granulation in the drum
- Interchangeable sections to minimize downtime on replacement of wear sections
- Reactor design to integrate effectively with agglomeration drum and supplemental ammonia and steam sparge equipment
Pipe Reactor Applications:
- Mono-Ammonium Phosphate
- Di-Ammonium Phosphate
- Ammonium Sulfate
- Multiple MAP/DAP/AS blends with organic inputs
Pipe Reactor Photos
Pipe Reactor Articles
Why Choose FEECO?
When it comes to fertilizer granulation, we know our stuff. We’ve been serving the fertilizer industry for over 60 years, providing companies around the world with the best in granulation equipment and systems.
Our Commitment to Quality
Our company was founded on the idea that we could do things better; that if we put our minds to it, we could produce the best in industrial processing equipment.