FEECO PIPE REACTORS
A pipe reactor is an acid-base reaction vessel used in the production of inorganic fertilizers. It is easily retro-fitted into existing granulation operations.
Phosphoric or sulfuric acid is fed into one side of the pipe, while gaseous or liquid ammonia is sparged into the reaction chamber, resulting in either ammoniated phosphate or sulfate hot melt material. The hot melt is discharged into the rotary granulator onto a bed of recycle material.
Though not applicable in all operations, the pipe reactor can offer significant savings in energy costs when employed, by capturing the heat released from the acid-base reaction to flash off moisture in the granulator.
FEECO is capable of meeting the requirements necessary for CE marking equipment.
All FEECO equipment and process systems can be outfitted with the latest in automation controls from Rockwell Automation. The unique combination of proprietary Rockwell Automation controls and software, combined with our extensive experience in process design and enhancements with hundreds of materials provides an unparalleled experience for customers seeking innovative process solutions and equipment. Learn more >>
- A complete reaction between ammonia and sulfuric and/or phosphoric acid
- Effective use of water and steam for reaction and agglomeration
- Effective use of the heat of reaction to evaporate water
- Utilization of the reaction temperature and pressure to create a semi-molten product for controllable granulation in the drum
- Interchangeable sections to minimize downtime on replacement of wear sections
- Reactor design to integrate effectively with agglomeration drum and supplemental ammonia and steam sparge equipment
PIPE REACTOR CONSTRUCTION
The image below shows the standard components of a pipe reactor. Click image to view larger.
A – Pressure Relief Valve
B – Rupture Disc
C – Feedstock Inputs
D – Drain Valve
E – Drain
F – Granulation Drum
- Mono-Ammonium Phosphate
- Ammonium Sulfate
- Multiple MAP/DAP/AS blends with organic inputs
PIPE REACTOR ARTICLES
Question of the Week: How does a Pipe Reactor Work?
Often seen in the production of inorganic fertilizers, a pipe reactor is an acid-base reaction vessel which uses reaction heat as …
Question of the Week: How Can a Pipe Reactor Benefit your Process?
A pipe reactor is an acid-base reaction vessel that can be incorporated into an agglomeration drum for the production of various, …