- Customer: Proprietary
- Plant Location: Canada
- Industry: Aggregates
- Major Equipment: Rotary Pre-heater, Coating (Coloring) Drum, Rotary Kiln, Rotary Cooler
- Material Handled: Roofing Granules
- Engineer: FEECO International, Inc.
- Process: FEECO was commissioned to engineer and manufacture a complete production line for processing mined rock into roofing granules.
Ground rock from storage is fed into a counter current FEECO pre-heater drum to heat the material in preparation of the coating (coloring) drum.
The coating drum is used to create a homogeneous mixture of the granules and pigment/additive. This product is then processed in a direct-fired rotary kiln to adhere the additive to the granules. The granules are then cooled in a rotary cooler.
All equipment was designed with the characteristics of the material to be processed in mind in order to yield a system that would resist abrasion, offering a long-term, reliable processing solution.
The success of the project has led FEECO to become a preferred provider of rotary equipment for the company. The company also relies on FEECO for maintenance and spare parts as well.
- Download: Roofing Granules Production Line
MenuSkip to content
- About Us
- Innovation Center
- Thermal Processing
- Material Handling
- Granular Fertilizer Systems
- Complete Systems
- Industries we serve
- Contact Us