- Customer: Multiple, Proprietary
- Plant Location: Multiple
- Industry: Steel
- Major Equipment: Paddle Mixers, Rotary Dryers, Belt Conveyors, Radial Stackers, Bucket Elevators
- Material Handled: Steel By-Product
- Engineer: FEECO International, Inc.
During the steel-making process, large quantities of various by-products are produced, mainly in the form of dust and scale. However, these by-products contain valuable iron and must be recycled to liberate the mineral. This is done
through the use of a pug mill and briquetter.
A binding agent, typically molasses or sodium silicate, is fed into the pug mill and mixed with the by-products, creating a homogenous mixture. Because of the abrasive nature of the materials, paddles are faced with wear-resistant tiles.
- Download: Pug Mills for Steel Mill By-Products
MenuSkip to content
- About Us
- Innovation Center
- Thermal Processing
- Material Handling
- Granular Fertilizer Systems
- Complete Systems
- Industries we serve
- Contact Us