FEECO Paddle Mixers
When it comes to industrial mixing applications, FEECO’s paddle mixers, also referred to as pug mills, are ideal for tackling tough jobs. Their heavy-duty construction along with their U-type trough design makes them an excellent choice for agglomerating, mixing, or conditioning in demanding settings. Paddle mixers can be used as a stand-alone agglomeration device, or as a mixing step in a larger agglomeration process utilizing a disc pelletizer or agglomeration drum.
Paddle mixers utilize dual rotating shafts with pitched paddles to create a kneading and folding over motion inside the trough. Material and binder (when applicable) are continuously fed into the mixer. The action of the pitched paddles moves material from the bottom of the trough, up the middle, and back down the sides to create an intimate mixture of materials.
All FEECO equipment and process systems can be outfitted with the latest in automation controls from Rockwell Automation. The unique combination of proprietary Rockwell Automation controls and software, combined with our extensive experience in process design and enhancements with hundreds of materials provides an unparalleled experience for customers seeking innovative process solutions and equipment.
Paddle Mixer Features
- Double shaft design for thorough mixing of materials
- Heavy-duty construction for years of reliable construction
- Binder spray system to accommodate a liquid feed
- Options in paddle facings to help prevent wear
- Bottom doors open for cleanout
- Reversible paddles for modifying mixing pattern
Paddle Mixer Construction
The image below shows the standard components of a paddle mixer/pug mill. Click image to view larger.
A – Exhaust Port
B – Spray System
C – Drive Shaft Assembly
D – Heavy-Duty Roller Bearings
E – Pinion Gear Assembly
F – Chain Drive Assembly
G – Gear Reducer
H – Drive Motor
I – Drive Shaft Assembly
J – High-Grade Fasteners
K – Paddle Assembly
L – Hard Facing
|Download our FREE Agglomeration Handbook|
Paddle Mixer Applications & Materials
- Mixing: FGD scrubber sludge, fly ash, and lime for SO2 neutralization, municipal sludge for composting facilities and other processes combining moist and dry feed materials
- Agglomeration: Granulation of agricultural chemicals, fertilizers, chemical consumer products, carbon powders, flue dust from dust collectors, animal feed
- Conditioning: Fly ash, cement or lime kiln dust, foundry dust, iron-oxide, friction material waste, lead fume, zinc oxide, copper reverts
What Can Agglomeration do for Your Material?
Agglomeration offers a variety of benefits. Among them, agglomeration allows you to:
- Reduce Volume
- Stabilize Mixtures During Handling
- Eliminate/Reduce Dust Problems
- Control Hardness
- Reduce Packing, Storage and Transport Costs
- Improve Product Performance
- Improve Handling
To learn more about how agglomeration can benefit your material, see Why Agglomerate Your Material.
Paddle Mixer Project Profiles
Paddle Mixer Photos
Paddle Mixer Brochures
Paddle Mixer Articles
Why Choose FEECO?
FEECO’s robust paddle mixers are custom designed and backed by over 60 years of providing solutions for agglomeration needs. We’ve got the material knowledge and process background to take your material from raw feed to end product. Our lab testing & tolling facility can test your material to determine if it will agglomerate, and if so, what equipment is needed to get the job done.
Our Commitment to Quality
Our company was founded on the idea that we could do things better; that if we put our minds to it, we could produce the best in industrial processing equipment.