- Customer: Proprietary
- Plant Location: Arizona, USA
- Industry: Mining
- Major Equipment: (2) 15’ Dia. x 45’ Long Agglomeration Drums
- Material Handled: Copper Ore
- Engineer: Fluor Daniel
- Process: FEECO was commissioned to provide two heavy-duty copper ore drums for one of the largest and most environmentally advanced copper mines in the world.
Agglomeration drums are a valuable addition to copper heap leaching operations, as they improve the uniformity of the ore fines. This allows the leaching agent to more effectively percolate through the heap, as seen in the illustration below. Furthermore, the agglomeration stage serves as a pre-mixing step to mix the leaching agent with the ore fines, initiating the reaction and creating a more homogenous mixture, ultimately improving efficiency and maximizing recovery rates.
The success of the ore drums has created an ongoing relationship as a preferred supplier for the equipment.
Left: When ore fines are not agglomerated, small fines clog the spaces between larger particles, preventing the leaching agent from thoroughly percolating through the heap.
Right: When ore fines are agglomerated, they are more uniform in shape and size, allowing even and thorough percolation of the leaching agent through the heap.
- Download: Copper Ore Heap Leaching Drums
MenuSkip to content
- About Us
- Innovation Center
- Thermal Processing
- Material Handling
- Granular Fertilizer Systems
- Complete Systems
- Industries we serve
- Contact Us