- Customer: Proprietary
- Plant Location: Alberta, Canada
- Industry: Fertilizer
- Major Equipment: Coating Drum
- Material Handled: Ammonium Sulfate and Sulfur Bentonite
- Engineer: FEECO International, Inc.
FEECO supplied a coating drum for producing a fertilizer granule fused with ammonium sulfate and sulfur bentonite.
Seed pellets are fed into the drum on the inlet end. Lifters inside the drum pick up and drop the seed pellets onto a stationary sloped pan. The seed pellets roll down the pan and as they drop off the edge, a curtain of material is created, onto which a molten solution is sprayed.
Through the use of the FEECO flight simulator in the FEECO Innovation Center, in combination with customer gathered data, FEECO designed custom lifting flights that would allow the drum to discharge material completely onto the pan.
- Download: Ammonium Sulfate Coating Drum
MenuSkip to content
- About Us
- Innovation Center
- Thermal Processing
- Material Handling
- Granular Fertilizer Systems
- Complete Systems
- Industries we serve
- Contact Us